Facebook is one of the best social platforms. The company makes it easy to organize and sort your friends list and keep in touch with those who are dear to you. It’s easy to focus on your close friends and see less information about people you’ve known since high school or only met once.
You can also narrow your list to show only friends you’ve recently added or who’ve recently added you. This list will show all the new profiles you’ve added in the past month, so you can keep track of your new acquaintances.
This article will show you how to see recently added friends no matter what device you are using.
How to see recently added friends of a friend on Facebook on your PC or Mac
On your computer, checking the list of your recently added friends is a simple process. Just follow these simple instructions:
- Open your web browser.
- Log in to your Facebook profile.
- Click on your profile picture in the What’s on your mind, to quickly access your profile page.
- Select the “Friends” tab.
- Click on the “Recently Added” tab.
This will show the Facebook profiles you’ve added in previous weeks. If this tab is empty, it means you haven’t added any new profiles recently.
If you want to add this new friend to your favorite friends list or remove them, you can do so by clicking on the three horizontal dots next to their name.
How to see recently added friends on mobile
Viewing your recent friends list on the mobile app is also very simple. Instructions vary slightly depending on your phone’s operating system.
View Recent Friends on Android – Mobile App
If you’re using an Android, just follow these instructions:
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner.
- Click on your name.
- Scroll down and tap “See all friends”
- Tap “Recent” at the top
Similar to the instructions above, if you click on the three dots icon, you can access a feature to add that particular friend as well as remove them.
View Recent Friends – The iOS App
Checking your recently added friends in the iOS app seems similar to the instructions above steps with a simple variation. If you are an iPhone user, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile icon in the What’s on your mind… .
- Click on “See all friends”.
- Click “Recent” at the top.
How To See Recently Added Friends of a Friend On Android – Web Browser
To see your recently added friends on Android, you will need to open the desktop version. Follow these steps:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type Facebook in the address bar and navigate to the website.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Tap the three dots at the top right of the page.
- Check the “Desktop site” option.
This should take you to the desktop version of Facebook. Just follow the same steps in the section above to find your recent friends. Note that this will consume a lot more of your mobile data, so make sure you are connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to See Recently Added Friends on Facebook on iPhone – Web Browser
The process is the same if you are using Google Chrome on your iPhone. However, if you prefer Safari, you should:
- Open Safari.
- Type Facebook in the address bar.
- Visit the website.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- Tap the address bar to edit it.
- Remove the ‘m’ from the beginning of the URL. (m.facebook…)
This should take you to the desktop version of the website.
Can you see your friends’ recently added friends?
You can use the same method to see your friends’ recently added friends. Simply enter the profile you wish to verify, navigate to the friend’s tab and select “Recent Friends”.
However, this depends on your friend’s privacy settings. If your friend has decided to make their friends list private, you won’t be able to see their recent friends.
Hide your friends list
If you make your friends list private, no one but you will be able to see your recent friends. There is a simple way to do this:
- Open Facebook on your web browser.
- Click on your profile picture.
- Select the Friends tab.
- Click on the three horizontal dots on the right.
- Select Edit privacy.
- Click the button next to “Who can see your friends list?” and customize it.
Checking your recent friends can be useful when you want to remember people you’ve met, potential dates, etc. But it can also help you check for unusual activity on your profile. If you don’t remember adding certain profiles, or if some of them seem suspicious, your profile may have been hacked.
Have you ever had issues with your profile security? And would you rather hide your friends list or keep it public? Let us know in the comments section.
Read Also: How to download reddit videos