Marketing has always meant trying to get in touch with potential customers, in the right place, at the right time. Today, in order to meet and converse with our audience, we need to be in the place where they spend most of their time: the internet. This is why we talk about types of digital marketing.
The data on the presence of online users are growing year by year all over the world and Italy is no exception. According to the We Are Social report, in 2018 almost 55 million Italians accessed the Internet (9 out of 10) and among these 35 million used social platforms (+ 2.9% compared to 2017) especially from mobile devices.
Types Of Digital Marketing
Below are the most common types of digital marketing to intercept your audience online.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
It is an optimization process for your website, to place it in the top search engine results, so that your potential customers can find you right away. By working in this direction, you will be able to grow inbound organic traffic.
There are a number of ways to approach SEO. SEO Company generates qualified traffic to sites:
- On page SEO: focuses on optimizing all the content that is visible on the pages of your website. Thanks to a preliminary analysis of keywords by search volume and intent (or meaning), you can create texts that answer readers’ questions and position yourself among the top search results (SERP: Search Engine Result Pages ).
- Off page SEO: focuses on all activities that take place “off the page”. For example, inbound links, better known as backlinks, the quality of these links and their number affects the positioning of the soto web. By connecting with other publishers, writing guest posts for these pages (and linking to your site), you can earn backlinks.
- Technical SEO: It puts the emphasis on the backend of your site (i.e. everything that is not seen) and on how your page is coded. Compression of images and how they are named, data structure and optimization of CSS files, construction of URL ( Uniform Resource Locator ) addresses, are all forms of technical SEO that can affect positioning in the eyes of search engines such as Google.
Read Also: Advantages Of Using An SEO Agency
This term indicates the creation, distribution and analysis of content, with the aim of achieving one’s marketing objectives. The tools that can play an important role in your content marketing strategy are:
- Blog Post: Writing and posting articles on the company blog helps you demonstrate your industry expertise and generate organic traffic around your business. Finally, it gives you the opportunity to convert your site visitors into leads for your business.
- Ebooks and handouts: These are lengthy content that helps further educate your site visitors. Creating valuable information content also allows you to give something useful in exchange for contact details of the readers.
- Infographics and illustrations: Sometimes, readers want to see and enjoy information right away, without wasting too much time on long articles to read. Infographics are able to immediately give information to users.
- Videos: More than 100 million hours of video are viewed on Facebook every day. Furthermore, 80% of users usually review a video already viewed in the previous month. These numbers seem to be constantly growing; that’s why it’s time to take advantage of the great appeal of video.
Social media marketing
One type of digital marketing is social media marketing. A set of techniques to promote your brand or product across channels.
There are many social media used in the world, among the most common you have available:
Campagne Pay Per Click (PPC)
Through PPC campaigns it is possible to drive traffic to the site by investing in search engine insertion. Each time someone clicks on your paid ad, a click on your ad link is counted. One of the most common types of PPC is Google Ads which allows you to be displayed in the best positions of the most famous search engine in the world at the “per click” price of the links you sponsor. and Facebook Ads are another example: once you have chosen your goal, you can launch different types of pay per click campaigns. These are certainly not the only ones, as all social media now have an advertising system.
If you commit to promoting someone else’s products or services through your channels, you get a commission. On the contrary, you can have affiliates, a bit like resellers who earn a commission for every product they manage to sell. You can post affiliate links for products or services on social media accounts, in blog articles, within videos. There are many possibilities to generate sales.
It refers to advertising which is primarily promotional content. Usually the advertisements appear next to other organic content and therefore not for a fee.
Facebook and Instagram Ads, for example. But also the advertisements that appear when you are visiting a website, a blog or other.
All those repetitive actions that can be performed by software designed for marketing activities. It is possible to automate recurring tasks, in order to gain efficiency.
- Newsletter: email automation not only allows you to automatically send content to lists with many contacts, but also to create real campaigns and implement them. You can manage contact lists, create custom templates, insert different types of automations into your email marketing strategy.
- Social post scheduling: If you want to improve the organization of your social presence, you need to post constantly. Planning tools are a useful aid: they upload content for you, so you can invest your time, focusing on content creation.
- Automatic replies: Messaging services can be supported through preset replies and automations.
Email is often used for companies to stay in touch with their audience and promote content, offers, events and activities related to their brand or product. The types of emails you can send with an email marketing strategy include:
- A welcome email to new consumers
- Subscription to the blog via newsletter and posting of articles
- Create a contact list inviting visitors to download a resource from your site and leave their details
- Promotions to your products and loyalty programs for community members
- Tips or advice of value, to interest the potential customer
For Digital PR it is the practice that allows you to gain visibility and secure coverage through digital publications on online magazines, blogs, websites. It’s very similar to traditional public relations business, except we’re online here. The channels you can use to maximize your PR efforts are:
- Reach out to reporters via social media: Talking to reporters on Twitter or LinkedIN, for example, is a great way to develop a relationship with the press that will allow you to earn media opportunities.
- Get online reviews for your business: Sharing reviews about your business helps you humanize your brand and develop a powerful message to safeguard your reputation.
- Respond to comments on your site or blog: Like reviews, replying to people who are reading your content is the best way to generate positive conversations around your business.
Inbound Marketing is a Digital Marketing methodology, which through four phases (attraction, conversion, closure, loyalty) allows you to identify target users who do not yet know your brand, convert them into customers and subsequently into promoters of your business.
You can use the types of digital marketing seen above, incorporating them into an Inbound marketing strategy: you create an experience that is made with and for the consumer, you attract them, then convert them and finally build loyalty.