Full tracking verification
Chase Total Checking is, according to Chase, the bank’s most popular checking account. With online bill payment and access via a mobile app, this account can easily meet most people’s daily checking needs. Key features include:
- Mobile check deposit
- ATM check deposit
- Paper checks
- Zelle transfers to friends and family
The Total Checking account has a monthly fee of $12, but you can qualify for a waiver by meeting one of the following conditions:
- Receive direct deposits of at least $500 per month into your account (including ACH transfers from other banks).
- Keep at least $1,500 in your account.
- Maintain at least $5,000 combined in eligible associated accounts and full verification.
If this is your primary checking account, it can function as a free checking account (assuming you earn at least $500 per month and set up a direct deposit).
Chase Premier Plus Verification
The Chase Premier Plus checking account pays a small amount of interest and offers a few freebies each month. But interest income is negligible at 0.01% APY. If you want to earn interest on a checking account, you’re probably better off with a high-interest checking account from an online bank.
This account could be attractive to those with a substantial relationship with Chase. To avoid the $25 monthly fee, you must meet one of these criteria:
- Keep your daily balance at $15,000 or more in eligible Chase Bank accounts.
- Have a qualifying Chase mortgage that you pay from your Chase account.
Chase Premier Plus Checking has all the features of Total Checking. Additionally, you receive a few perks, including the highlights below:
- Four foreign ATM withdrawal fees are waived per month (ATM owner may charge a fee and Chase may charge extra when using a currency other than US dollars)
- Free personal checks, checks, money orders, and cashier’s checks
- Potential Monthly Fee Waivers on Additional Chase Savings and Checking Accounts
- Free or discounted safes
Chase Sapphire Verification
Chase Sapphire Checking offers additional benefits, but the hurdle for fee-free banking is higher. In addition to 24/7 customer support and higher ATM and debit card limits, this account includes:
- No ATM fees worldwide. Chase does not charge foreign ATM fees with this account, and you also receive fee discounts from ATM owners.
- Interest in your balance
- No bank transfers or stops payment fees
- Four free overdrafts per year
- Other benefits and discounts on additional Chase services
To qualify for the $25 monthly fee waiver, you must maintain an average balance of $75,000 in qualifying accounts or investments with Chase.
Chase Secure Verification
Chase Secure Checking is a no-frills account that can be appealing if you’re just getting financially up. There are no paper checks with this account, but you can pay your bills through online bill payment or with your debit card.
- No minimum deposit required
- No overdraft fees
- $4.95 monthly fee
Chase College Verification
Chase College Checking is Chase Bank’s version of student verification. This account is designed for customers who open an account between the ages of 17 and 24. Although there is a monthly maintenance fee of $6, there are several ways to get a waiver:
- Be enrolled in college (up to five years)
- Have a monthly direct deposit into the account
- Keep an average daily balance of at least $5,000
If you link a Chase savings account to this one for overdrafts, you won’t pay any monthly fees on the savings account.
Chase High School Checking
Want to help your kids learn how to manage a budget and save money? The Chase High School checking account is available to children ages 13-17 and has no monthly fee. A parent or guardian with an eligible Chase Bank checking account must co-own the account, and the account converts to a full checking account when the child turns 19.