Studying abroad to pursue an English degree, an internship in Canada, or a job in this magnificent country involves passing the test known as IELTS. A good IELTS score is one of the conditions to be able to apply for entry into an English-speaking country’s school or workplace.
Many people dream of studying or working in countries like Canada. A significant roadblock is getting a high score on the IELTS Test or Canada PR Eligibility points. When you picture this academic challenge’s cost and time commitment, you would want to get a high score on your first attempt. Well-scored Canada PR Eligibility points can be achieved through hard work and determination. But, along with hard work, it’s essential that you also practise brilliant work that helps you to achieve your goal. Clever work involves tips and tricks to help you get a high IELTS exam score.
To help you, we have listed down various tricks that will help you get a high IELTS exam score. Let’s have a look at them.
IELTS Exam: A Brief Introduction
IELTS is a test which evaluates your English skills through a four-section assessment: Speaking, Writing, Reading and Listening. Each section has specific features you will have to understand if you pass the test. This means that when designing your study plan, it’s best to structure it based on the different skills each part focuses upon.
Here is a summary of what the four sections mentioned above are about –
- First comes the Reading Section. Reading Comprehension questions test your ability to read, understand, and answer three short articles.
- In the listening section, you will have to answer multiple-choice questions about the audio file you are listening to.
- You’ll be asked to write about a particular topic in the writing section.
- In the speaking section, you will be asked to discuss an issue.
Each section requires its level of efficiency and proficiency. As a student, it’s challenging to cover all the aspects and be perfect in each. Therefore, here are specific tips that can help all the students and candidates appearing for IELTS score better on the test.
Before Studying for the Test, Study about the Test.
- The essential thing in test preparation is to know what will happen. The key is to understand every detail of the test. What is it supposed to be doing? How long will the test take? What questions will you be asked? These are all critical things to consider.
- There are two IELTS modules: the academic and general training modules. To study for the educational module, you want to ensure that your vocabulary, for example, is geared more toward academics. If you’re planning to take language classes, immerse yourself in authentic material from those course materials. For the general training module, however, your focus should be more on grammar and vocabulary related to daily life in English-speaking countries. Remember that both modules are broadly similar, so it’s important not to get too hung up on a fixed list of test-day terms but rather try as much as possible to avoid jargon and instead focus on learning practical ways of sounding more natural in everyday English!
Smart Time Management Leads to Intelligent Work and more Productivity.
Like any other test, the IELTS has an allocated length of time in which you have to complete sections. If you like to get a high score, you do not have the luxury of not finishing the test within that time frame. For someone to get a good score on the exam, they need to practice managing their time to be sure they are answering all of their questions promptly!
Look out for Various Resources and Make Use of all of them.
Practising reading will help you increase your skills as a reader. To improve as an English test-taker as quickly as possible, try reading from broad sources (news portals, websites with academic articles, test prep publications, previously asked questions and topics). This so-called “spare time” reading doesn’t have to be limited to your level; it could also pertain to books designed for students at levels much higher than your current level.
English, English and Everywhere Around you should be English.
If you’re trying to learn English, the best way to improve your listening skills is by watching shows and movies and reading news in this language. If you can find a source that displays subtitles in English, that’s a significant first step. You should also try out documentaries on TV or radio to help round things out. As you get more comfortable with listening comprehension in general, you can start streamlining your efforts by listening to a narrower subset of sources like news broadcasts or audiobooks that have straightforward pronunciations so as not to overwhelm yourself, too quickly with just about any kind of media!
Seek New Ways to Develop and Expand your Vocabulary
To get high Canada PR Eligibility Points, you must learn new words. Every new word or phrase you put into your vocabulary is an advantage. You can make this happen by reading more frequently, writing and studying flash cards. A sizeable speech is an excellent idea because it’s advantageous when speaking. You can achieve higher IELTS scores if you have an expansive language.
In addition to these tips, you can also take the help of an expert Immigration Consultant such as Achintya Consultants to help you score well in the IELTS exam and reach Canada for your studies without any hassle.