The most common reason behind overseas students choosing Australia is the abundance of post-study job opportunities. Holding an Australian degree is recognized globally, thus increasing your chances of getting appropriate job roles in any world. The Australian job market is also interested in recruiting highly skilled and talented workers. Besides, studying in Australia will also give you exposure to world-class academic infrastructures and allow you to learn from highly qualified faculty. But the essential requirement to enroll in an Australian institute is obtaining a Student Visa Subclass 500. This post focuses on how it can benefit you in fulfilling your professional goals.
Studying at Leading Universities With Visa Subclass 500
Australia has some top-class universities that regularly feature on world rankings. In addition to century-old universities, some new universities have gained huge popularity because of the infrastructure and quality.
Enrolling in these universities will help you learn from some of the top faculties. You can also enjoy a great campus life that will give you the perfect mental boost required to study.
You Have the Chance to Study Anything
There are over 40 universities in Australia, and you will get the opportunity to study whatever you wish. Most overseas students choose larger universities because of the number of course combinations available here.
For example, Australian National University, the most prestigious institute in this country, has more than 750-course combinations.
- Such a higher number ensures that you can not only take courses related to your subject of interest, but you can explore other possible opportunities to expand your academic horizons. Flexibility in study programs has made Australia a suitable destination for students across the globe.
- Vocational education and training have gained immense popularity in Australia in the last few years. Some top colleges offer these courses.
- You will find programs related to childcare, aged care, automobile, cooking, business management studies, etc. The significant benefit of these courses is that they allow a student to find a job more quickly than degree courses.
Opportunity to Study with a Scholarship
Showing financial capacity is a mandatory requirement for Visa Subclass 500. However, sometimes it may become difficult to support tuition and other costs during the stay in Australia.
If you think that you will find it hard to support your studies in Australia financially, the best thing to go for is the scholarships available for international students.
The Government of Australia invests more than $200 million for overseas students enrolling in Australian universities. These scholarships are open to students across the globe, but one has to meet specific requirements like financial need, grade requirements, etc., to apply for these scholarships.
Before you enrol in your university, you may contact the university’s financial support department to check whether you are eligible for these funding opportunities. When you have scholarships to cover your studies, you can have great peace of mind.
Working While Studying at an Institute
One of the most significant benefits of studying in Australia with the visa subclass 500is that it allows students to work while studying. Usually, students can work for a maximum of 40 hours each fortnight. Not only can that but their family members also work for the same hours.
There are several benefits of working as a student.
- You will need only basic skills, like those required in food and beverage service and grocery stores. You can also get jobs at your respective university campuses.
- Though you can work part-time, full-time work is allowed during semester breaks and public holidays.
- As per laws, students working part-time in different sectors must be treated the same way as locals by their employers.
- You can earn a decent income to help you reduce the overall expenses of staying in Australia. The payment can cover your rent, utilities, groceries, and sometimes a bit of tuition fee. Currently, the minimum salary in Australia is about 17 Dollars per hour.
- You will also be able to gain work experience that may help you later in your career.
Because of the current shortage in the Australian workforce, the Government has introduced a new set of regulations. According to those, you can work for more than 40 hours per fortnight and start working before your course begins. However, these are temporary measures.
For details, you may consult your migration agent Adelaide.
Attractive Post-Study Opportunities With Visa Subclass 500
Once your current course ends, your student visa also expires. But, you may want to stay back and explore further opportunities.
While you cannot extend your current student visa validity, you have other options to fulfill your dreams. You can apply for the Temporary Graduate Work Visa 485. This visa has two streams, each offering several advantages.
- The Graduate Work Stream is for those who have earned a diploma or a trade certification and want to gain work experience in Australia. This stream lets a person stay for a maximum of 18 months.
- If you choose this visa, make sure you go through the skills assessment for the nominated occupation listed on the relevant skilled occupation list.
However, if you have earned a bachelor’s or master’s, or doctorate from an Australian university, choosing the other stream, the Post-Study Work Stream, is better. Depending on your academic qualification, you can stay for 2 to 4 years in Australia, pursue higher studies, and work full-time.
These experiences will help you know the Australian work culture and gain valuable points required in permanent skilled work visa applications.
Hiring an immigration agent Adelaide is the best option for the visa application.
Internship Opportunities With Student Visa Subclass 500
Many Australian universities offer internship facilities to their students. These programs allow you to apply your theoretical knowledge in practical work environments.
If you want to contact the best migration professional for your visa application, search the MARA website. Australian immigration agents are found worldwide. So, you can just type ‘migration agent near me, and continue your search.