Uttarakhand, historically known as Uttaranchal, is a lovely state in northern India set in the foothills of the mighty Himalayas. Because of the many prominent pilgrimage sites, including the most popular Char Dhams, the state is also known as Dev Bhumi, which translates as “Land of Lords.” Because of its strategic location in the Himalayas, the state has some of the most stunning and spectacular natural landscapes, including snow-capped mountains, lush green valleys and hills, gorgeous and sparkling lakes and rivers, waterfalls, and different flora and fauna. Uttarakhand is also considered as India’s holiest state and it is without a doubt one of the most popular honeymoon destinations, including some of the most popular hill stations and pilgrimage sites. You can visit this beautiful state for honeymoon and the best way to do so is the Uttarakhand Tour Package offered by Lock Your Trip. Dehradun is the state’s capital and is highly recognised for its gorgeous valleys and prestigious schools and universities. With gorgeous hill towns such as Nainital, Mussoorie, Kausani, Lansdowne, and Bhimtal, as well as the ski resort town of Auli and the Corbett National Park, the state of Uttarakhand offers something for everyone and is a honeymooner’s fantasy.
Best Time To Visit Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand, situated in the heart of the Himalayas, offers a climate that entices people all year. The best time to visit Uttarakhand depends on your objectives. If you want to get away from the heat and enjoy the beauty of the mountains, then summer in Uttarakhand, which lasts from April to June, is a fantastic time. Come winter, Uttarakhand is at its most gorgeous, with the pleasure of skiing, snow, and a view of the winter wonderland. Snowfall begins in November and continues until February. Though the rainy season is not often seen to be a good time to visit, Uttarakhand is an exception since even the rains provide a plethora of reasons to go exploring this beautiful state.
- Summer: Uttarakhand experiences the benefits of the summer season beginning in mid-April. Snow and cold winters have said good-bye, and spring is in the air. The hill stations, such as Mussoorie, Nainital, and Ranikhet, are overcrowded. The heat is virtually unknown in the hills, and the weather is surely comfortable. Indeed, the landscape, rivers, and mountains may be seen cheering. Wildlife treks are also getting increasingly popular. While heavenly blessings may be obtained all year in Haridwar and Rishikesh, summer is the finest time for pilgrimage in Uttarakhand to the holy temples in the upper ranges of the Himalayas. Along with the beauty of the mountains, summer is the greatest time for trekking in Uttarakhand, as well as river rafting, camping, climbing, biking or any other adventurous activity. Summer in Uttarakhand is a wonderful experience, whether you are planning a romantic visit, a spiritual yatra, a family retreat, or just a dose of adventure.
- Monsoon: Monsoon in Uttarakhand is an amazing natural sight that begins in mid-June and lasts till September. As long as you don’t mind getting wet, the season is ideal for visiting. The hill villages look even more attractive because accommodation costs are inexpensive and there are few people to disturb your tranquilly. In addition, all through the season, a visit to the Valley of Flowers is a must. It is the only time of year when the valley is transformed into a carpet of multicoloured flowers. In one word, the monsoon climate in Uttarakhand is beautiful.
- Winter: The harsh winters will be here till February and March. Snowfall transforms the landscape into an amazing picture. Auli, with its picture-perfect slopes, prepares for skiing and is considered as the “Ski Capital of India.” The neighbouring hill towns of Nainital, Mussoorie, and so on appear to be attractive for photography. During winter, the popularity of jungle safaris in national parks and wildlife sanctuaries increases. March is also a fantastic month for a soothing Ayurveda treatment or to learn the mysteries of Yoga in Rishikesh. The International Yoga Festival is held for a week in the sacred place of Rishikesh, considered “The Yoga Capital of the World” alongside the Ganges.
Uttarakhand As Honeymoon Destination
Uttarakhand is a popular honeymoon destination in India because of its magnificent natural sceneries, which include the snow-capped majestic Himalayan mountain ranges, lovely lakes, rivers, and waterfalls. Nainital, a picturesque hill town with captivating slopes and gorgeous lakes, is a great honeymoon location. Mussoorie is another beautiful hill resort in Uttarakhand that is well-known for romantic vacations and honeymoon vacations. Other lovely and attractive hill stations that will make your honeymoon absolutely unforgettable and an excellent romantic experience to savour for a lifetime include Kausani, Bhimtal, and Lansdowne. Uttarakhand honeymoons are not only about appreciating the breathtaking hills and taking romantic boat rides; this wonderful state is also well known for its adventurous activities such as trekking, river rafting, skiing, mountain climbing, and a variety of other activities to make your honeymoon an ultimately interesting and memorable experience. Auli is a prominent ski resort town in Asia, featuring stunning views of snow-capped mountains and world-class skiing possibilities. With so many different geographical sightseeing and activity choices, Uttarakhand is definitely a honeymooner’s fantasy.
Why Visit Uttarakhand For Honeymoon?
- Nainital, Mussoorie, Kausani, Bhimtal, and Lansdowne are all beautiful hill stations.
- Options for winter sports and adventure activities include skiing, hiking, river rafting, rock climbing, and more.
- Corbett National Park offers animal viewing and safaris.
Honeymoon Destinations In Uttarakhand
The honeymoon period is the most memorable for each newly married couple. The ideal way of celebrating the honeymoon is spending quality time together in gorgeous settings and creating lifetime memories. There are several romantic locations in Uttarakhand that will undoubtedly encourage you to make the most of your honeymoon. Uttarakhand, with its rugged terrains and lush flora, has numerous sites that are ideal for couples. Here is the list of a few best honeymoon destinations in Uttarakhand:
Auli: There is no absence of natural beauty in Auli, which is dotted with apple orchards, old oaks, and pine trees. Apart from skiing, you may go on several treks in the highlands of the Garhwal Himalayas and take in the breathtaking views of the snow-capped mountains. Because of its shining slopes and clean surroundings, Auli is a popular skiing spot in India. Auli, surrounded by apple orchards, oaks, and deodars, is a beautiful hill town with multiple ski resorts located in the Himalayan range. It is home to the mountain ranges of Nanda Devi, Mana Parvat, and Kamat Kamet, which are located at 2800 metres above sea level. Auli is also home to a number of religious sites.
Dehradun: Dehradun is the state capital and largest city in Uttarakhand. Dehradun is situated at an elevation of 1400 feet above sea level and has a lovely temperature all year. Dehradun is located about 30 kilometres from Mussoorie. This city is also considered as the “Educational Hub of Uttarakhand,” since it is home to some of the country’s most famous colleges and residential institutions. This city is what one would expect from a city in the Himalayan foothills, as this city is rich in tunnels, waterfalls, and natural springs. Visitors can put their feet in the ice-cold water or go through it, which makes Robber’s Cave one of the city’s most popular destinations. Lacchiwala is another famous site for nature lovers, where you can sit and enjoy a tranquil sunset surrounded by an artificial lake and beautiful flora. If you’re interested, Lacchiwala can also arrange for hiking and birdwatching.
Mussoorie: Mussoorie is one of the most popular hill destinations in Uttarakhand, located 290 kilometres from Delhi in the Dehradun district. Mussoorie, popularly known as the Queen of the Hills, is located at a height of 7000 feet above sea level and is surrounded by the Shivalik range of Himalayas and the Doon Valley. Mussoorie was originally the British summer capital due to its calm and pleasant atmosphere throughout the year. The city’s British remains may be found in the ancient architecture of the hotels and churches. The Mall (also called as the Mall Road) is a slightly steep street with eateries and various stores running its entire length and is one of the most famous tourist attractions in Mussoorie. The Ropeway to Gun Hill is another important attraction in Mussoorie. Gun Hill is Mussoorie’s second highest point, and tourists may take the cable car ropeway journey up for a beautiful view of the whole city as well as the neighbouring Himalayan mountains. Mussoorie offers all you need for a pleasant trip, including several waterfalls, the nearby village of Dhanaulti, and the remains of colonial architecture.
Ranikhet: Ranikhet, which translates as “Queen’s Land,” is a hill station in Uttarakhand established by the British around historical temples, undulating Himalayan slopes, and forests. It is also very well known as the headquarters of the Indian Army’s Kumaon Regiment, and it contains the Kumaon Regimental Centre Museum. Ranikhet is well-known for its views of Nanda Devi Peak, hiking trails, mountain treks, golf courses, orchards, and temples.
Lansdowne: Lansdowne is a charming small hill town in Uttarakhand’s Pauri district, 258 kilometres from Delhi. This hill station, surrounded by oak and pine forests and studded with colonial-era residences, it is also a destination for bird watchers, casual hikers, and weekend guests from the nearby cities. The settlement was found by the British and was named after Lord Lansdowne. The guesthouses here are fading vestiges of the colonial era, and their balconies provide a wonderful view of the mountains and you can also click some amazing photographs from the balcony.
Uttarakhand is definitely a piece of nature wrapped in the beauty of nature, making it an ideal location for a honeymoon. If you only have a few days and need a fast romance dose, you might select from any of the above-mentioned honeymoon destinations in Uttarakhand. Plan a trip to Uttarakhand by booking the Himachal tour packages offered by LYT.