Microsoft Azure is a cloud platform that is a powerful technology. Cloud computing helps leverage various sets of resources for the deployment and development of solutions. The tool helps manage apps and services through a global network from the data centers.
Azure SQL is perfect for handling SharePoint workloads. It helps to save infrastructure costs and scale the business rapidly.
We will tour both tools in detail to help you make a smart choice.
What are Microsoft Azure services?
It is a cloud computing service that offers a range of Platforms as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, and Software as a Service for deploying apps and services using data center infrastructure. These services help store data and transform it according to the business requirements.
Let us look at some major services provided by Azure:
- Compute Services
- Virtual Machine: It helps build a virtual machine for Linux, Windows, or other configurations.
- Service Fabric: This is the process of developing a Microservice for an app that contains other bundled applications.
- Cloud Service: The service helps in building scalable apps in the cloud. Azure takes care of the app once deployed, provisioning, health monitoring, and load balancing.
- Functions: You can create apps using any programming language. The best part about the service is you should not stress about the hardware requirements during the development of apps.
- Queue Storage: It can provide a stable message queuing for heavy workloads.
- Blob Storage: It is optimized to handle many unstructured data, including text and binary data.
- File Storage: This manages the file storage service that is accessed through the Server Message Block protocol
- Disk Storage: This allows you to select from Solid State Drive and Hard Disk Drive as storage with the virtual machine.
- Azure DNS: It allows users to host the DNS domains or system domains in the Azure
- Express Route: This helps connect the on-premise network to Microsoft cloud or any other services through a private connection.
- Azure CDN: The Content Delivery Network deals with providing content to the users. It has high bandwidth, and content can be sent to any person. The CDN services use a network of servers to get data accessibility.
- Virtual Network: It allows any azure services to communicate securely and privately with others.
Why use SharePoint Apps and Microsoft Azure?
They are two sizable platforms that provide some of the best solutions for businesses to manage their workflow. While SharePoint is the leading server productivity and collaborative platform. Microsoft Azure is an operating system in the cloud with market viability and strengths. Some powerful features of using them together are:
- They help to expand how and where users should deploy the code and data
- It increases opportunities to take benefits of Microsoft Azure by reducing the storage and investment in on-premise applications
- This combination helps the new business models and offers better solutions to your potential customers.
Improving the infrastructure of SharePoint with Azure is a quick process. Experienced users can develop, test, or scale the production by simply adding more resources. Microsoft provides ready-to-deploy templates to ease the process of deployment and configurations.
What are the benefits of SharePoint on Azure?
- Cost-Effective Method
There are no investments in hardware servers as you get the required services and infrastructure in Azure. The Visual Studio subscribers can use the test and development licenses better.
The combination of azure SharePoint provides the choice to use the predefined solution templates. Users can quickly configure the SharePoint, Windows, and SQL servers to connect with local servers. It produces a hybrid situation where you host an Active Directory or company information in a local environment while hosting a function for SharePoint in Azure.
- Highly Scalable
The SharePoint infrastructure allows the configuration of test and development environments. It gives you the freedom to scale horizontally and vertically. Servers with the same configuration can be added as resource groups and ensure higher availability of services.
- Operational Costs
Users need to pay only for the thing that is used. Billing mostly takes place for every minute of the deployed resources but not from the fixed IP addresses or storage space for virtual machines. During load testing or adding additional servers are disabled again after their use which cuts the costs of ongoing operations.
Some final tips for using SharePoint with Azure are:
- It is important to explore the vital sectors of SharePoint like SharePoint forms, collaboration, document libraries, and more. This helps in avoiding issues while working with the Platform.
- Using cloud computing knowledge depends on the setup of the organization’s network. Users that are using hybrid or cloud solutions help in combining the cloud computing and on-premise intranet.
- The user must have certain knowledge about Azure as it is one of the many platforms that work with the cloud. It is vital to have knowledge about AWS and IBM to perform smoothly.
The last Advice!
When you deal with SharePoint and azure SQL, you get a solution that saves cost, especially in the case of infrastructure. You know it will be costly to have an IT department managing and maintaining your hardware requirements.
With the help of Azure, you rely on Microsoft to handle everything for your business. There is a fixed monthly subscription that is more affordable when compared to managing your company servers.
The main aim is to empower the IT team to improve business processes by running the process smoothly. You do not have to stress investing your time and money in monitoring and replacing the hardware.