Physiotherapy is the collective name given to examination, diagnosis and treatment of movement disorders through physical means (without medicines). One of the best places where you can get the treatment for physiotherapy is, Physiorevive. It is one if the best physiotherapy clinics in Delhi. In today’s article, we will discuss why physiotherapy can be a great career choice.
Physiotherapy is that particular branch in medical science, which has recently gained a lot of popularity. It is a very promising career to pursue especially in recent years. The satisfying and rewarding career of a physiotherapist has a very large window of roles and responsibilities in a hospital. This is primarily because unfortunately in the last many years, there has been a huge increase in the cases of physical disabilities, muscles and ligaments disorders. One of the prime reason behind this is lack of movement in daily routines, all thanks to the sedentary lifestyles practiced by the people.
With physiotherapy in place, patients suffering from physical disability and muscle problems can easily seek treatment and recovery. Physiotherapists are capable of providing relief to such patients, as the treatment prescribed involves lots of movement associated exercises. Usually, these exercises last for 15 days to 3 months.
In order to pursue physiotherapy, after completing your school education you can apply for a bachelor’s course in physiotherapy. Depending upon the college, you may have to appear for an entrance exam to secure your seat in the bachelor’s programme for Physiotherapy. The primary eligibility to apply for a bachelor’s degree is to secure 50% marks in senior secondary with physics, chemistry and biology as mandatory subjects. After graduation, you can apply for postgraduate and PhD programmes in physiotherapy by clearing respective entrance exams for the same.
Scope of Physiotherapy:-
After pursuing graduate degree in Physiotherapy, you can either go for masters/ post-graduation or you are also eligible for courses like hospital administration, business management, public health management etc. On an average a fresher physiotherapist is paid 5-6 lakhs per annum. And with the passage of time, as the experience increases, so does the remuneration.
After completion of your course in physiotherapy, you have ample of opportunities to choose from such as:-
- Ministry of Sports
- Health Societies etc.
In fact, if you wish to, you can also go abroad to practice physiotherapy. Apart from the above mentioned fields, choosing physiotherapy as a career option such as:-
- Physiotherapy has a very crucial role to play both pre and post operation. The treatment included in physiotherapy is applicable for people of all age groups.
- Physiotherapy all over the world is used as a tool to help people recover and normalise their movements.
- Pursuing physiotherapy as a career option would also help you to gain broader educational experiences, assist them to develop generic skills such as independent learning, teamwork, responsibility and ability to solve various problems.
- A physiotherapist is a very important member of the healthcare team. He plays a very important role in helping an individual to restore the normal movement of his body.
- A physiotherapist is extremely helpful when it comes to treating patients suffering from neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiopulmonary, sports, oncology impairment etc.
- Physiotherapists also play a key role in treating on field injuries and ensuring that the players are fit to play.
- In the hospital, a physiotherapist prescribes remedial exercises, muscle strength evaluation and quantification.
- A physiotherapist also evaluates balance & co-ordination in a neurology patient.
- With physiotherapy as a career option, you can pursue consultant, corporate physiotherapist, ergonomic care advisor, physiotherapist in special schools, physiotherapist in old age schools, entrepreneurs in rehabilitation centres, lecturer, private practitioners etc.
Physiotherapy is one of the most suitable, promising and rewarding careers. It is a perfect fit for you, if you are interested in helping people to prevent and cure their physical disorders. Pursuing physiotherapy you can also set up great physiotherapist clinics such as Physiorevive. It is one of the best physiotherapy clinic in Delhi.