Both copywriting and content writing are important factors for the growth of your website. The main difference between them is copywriting is any kind of writing that is done for marketing purposes meanwhile content writing is a special form of writing that is focused on one or more content marketing goals and is used for a vast amount of purposes to rank the website on search engines.
What is Copywriting?
Copywriting can also be called marketing writing as it is used for marketing purposes. It is one of the most important factors of advertisement and marketing strategies. It denotes the text that is used to advertise or market any product in written form in any way. Any kind of text format advertisements, brochures, website, direct mail piece, catalogue, white paper, tagline, social media post, or any other kind of marketing communication are examples of copywriting. Copywriting is derived from a secondary definition of the word copy that is usually used to define text for any advertisement or article. The main purpose of copywriting is the advertisement of products or brands, drive leads, sales, and conversions to the website and encourage a direct response from the potential audience and turn them into regular customers.
Examples Of Copywriting are:
- PPC ads
- Social media ads
- PPC landing pages
- Website sales copy
- Short message service (SMS) ads
- Cost-per-mille (CPM) ads
- Sales emails
- Product pages
What is Content Writing?
Content writing is the art of creating unique and attractive content. It requires a different and unique set of skills to attract an audience because the ultimate goal of content marketing is a lot different from most of the other forms of writing marketing. It involves the creation of text content that gives information about anything a website is for. It educates or entertains the audience or website reader. It drives sales and leads to the website as well. For the higher ranking of the website on the search engines, high-quality, valuable, and well-written content plays an important role. For brands, content writing brings strategic business and marketing goals in line to attract the potential audience and customers to the website. It presents the voice of the website and builds its reputation. The main purpose of content writing is to build a trustworthy relationship with the customer. Your content should be appealing and satisfying for the audience so that they can access you without any doubts. It creates a positive and credible brand association and also makes a good reputation for your brand in the industry and it also enhances your domain authority.
Examples Of Content Writing Are:
- Blog posts
- Guest posts
- White papers
- Email newsletters
- Case studies
- News articles
- Social media posts
- Evergreen articles
The Major Difference Between Copywriting and Content Writing is:
- Copywriting is used to persuade the audience meanwhile content writing is used to inform or educate the audience.
- Copywriting is usually in the short form or test meanwhile content writing is usually in long form or the form of articles or long paragraphs or blogs etc.
- Copywriting targets a potential audience to generate leads on your brand, services, or products meanwhile content writing provides information, entertains, educates, provides the solution to any problem the audience is looking for, and instructs readers.
- Copywriting effectiveness and benefits can usually be measured in the short-term and can’t be long lasting but content writing contributes to long-term strategies and can provide long-lasting benefits.
- Copywriting is used for advertising purposes, online and offline ads, taglines, and different slogans for brand awareness and landing page content meanwhile content writing is used for writing articles, social media posts, email letters, blogs, reports, and papers, e-books, etc.
What are Content Writing Services?
Content writing services are agencies, firms, companies, or groups of expert writers that provide different writing services such as web content writing, white papers, blog writing for websites, research articles, social media content, infographic content, proofreading, and products descriptions, press releases, etc.
Which is the Best Content Writing Agency in the UK?
Many agencies are providing their services in the UK but Web Marketo is the most trustworthy and affordable content writing agency among all of them. Their professional team makes it best among all other agencies with their honest and devoted teamwork. If you are looking for any digital assistance regarding your website, content them.