Wavlink WiFi extenders are trusted by millions across the world. Users are free to roam in their homes and access a high-speed internet connection after doing Wavlink setup. But, at times, users have a complaint that their Wavlink extenders are working slowly.
If you are also having the same story, this post will add a happy ending to it. So, read this post and get to know about how to resolve the slow internet issue with your Wavlink WiFi extender.
Fixed: Wavlink Extender Slow Internet Issue
Reboot the Extender
Sometimes, a simple reboot can resolve the slow internet issue with your Wavlink WiFi extender. This is because it helps in resolving technical glitches that can even make your extender non-functional. So, before you run out of time, it is suggested to reboot your Wavlink extender.
Following are the instructions that you must follow in order to reboot your Wavlink WiFi extender:
- Switch off your Wavlink WiFi device.
- Unplug it from its respective wall socket.
- Wait for a few moments.
- Now, re-plug the extender into its wall socket.
- Turn the extender on.
Mind the Extender-Router Connection
The connection between your Wavlink extender and the host router has a major role to play when it comes to the extender’s performance. Perhaps, you haven’t connected your WiFi devices properly. Looks like you are unsure. Let’s check it.
- For wired connection: Is the connection between your WiFi devices finger-tight? Is the Ethernet cable connecting your devices in a working state? If you have answered both the questions in no, then the time has come to replace the current Ethernet cable with a brand new one.
- For wireless connection: Is the distance between your Wavlink WiFi extender and the host router too less? Or it is too much? Well, in that case, the WiFi performance of your Wavlink extender is going to hamper. Thus, place your WiFi devices at a safe distance.
Update the Firmware
Chances are that the firmware of your Wavlink WiFi extender has become outdated. Know that an outdated firmware can also result in the slow internet issue with your Wavlink WiFi extender. Therefore, before you get into the a no-win situation, update the firmware of your extender as soon as possible.
Let’s shed some light on the process of updating the firmware via the Wavlink WiFi extender login page:
- Download the latest firmware file for your extender.
- Save the file on your PC.
- Now, visit the default web address of your Wavlink extender and log in to it using the default admin details.
- Thereafter, click setup and select Upgrade Firmware.
- On the Upgrade Firmware window, upload the extender’s firmware file.
- Wait for the Wavlink extender firmware update process to get completed.
Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
WiFi interference might be another reason why you are facing the slow internet connection issue. Therefore, it is advised that you remove all the factors contributing to WiFi interference from the surroundings of your Wavlink extender.
To name a few, keep things like microwave ovens, televisions, refrigerators, baby monitors, treadmills, mirrors, fish tanks, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces away from your extender. Additionally, avoid placing the extender near a concrete wall.
Reset the Extender
If none of the aforementioned Wavlink troubleshooting tips works in your favor, then waste no more time performing factory default reset of your WiFi extender. Chances are that the extender is not configured properly.
The extender can be reset by a single push of the Reset button. The moment your extender gets restored to the factory default mode, access the Wavlink login page and set it up again.
Facing the slow internet connection issue with your Wavlink WiFi extender is common these days. By walking through the tips discussed above, you will be able to get access to a lightning-fast internet connection again.