The arrival of a newborn is an exciting and joyful moment in any household. Parents, siblings and relatives start making preparations well in advance to provide a warm welcome to the baby. One of the essential aspects of this preparation is undoubtedly selecting and purchasing baby clothes as fun and simple as it may sound.
By 2020-21, Australia’s online baby product sales are expected to increase by 27.6%. Customers in Australia have adapted to the new lifestyle and are more comfortable with internet purchasing. The garment market has exploded as a result of this.
- Take me home sets – These cute printed sets are the perfect welcome home gift for a newborn. They come in various varieties and colours and can be customised based on the requirements.
- Onesies – Onesies are the most widely purchased baby outfit. They are available in long sleeves and short sleeves and are convenient for parents. This piece of baby clothing makes the diaper changing process much easier, as they come with a snap closure at the bottom. Despite the mobility and growth of the baby, onesies provide enough flexibility and are usually made out of breathable fabric.
- Sleepwear – Babies spend most of their time sleeping, especially in the first few months. Therefore, it is important to pile on comfortable pyjamas and sleepwear. Most sleepwear is made up of poly microfleece and keeps the baby warm all night. The front zippers make it simple for parents to change diapers or outfits frequently.
- Burp cloths and bibs – Newborns tend to drool, spit, burp and puke as they learn to eat and play. Hence, having these accessories is necessary. Burp cloths are designed solely for burping, whereas bibs are designed mainly for nursing and feeding.
- Outerwear – It is important to have a few pairs of winter clothes on hand for the rare times they go out for medical exams or vaccines. These baby clothes help in regulating the body temperature. Cute jackets, scarves and blankets can come in handy at any point.
- Shoes and socks – Babies do take a minimum of a year to stand on their own feet. Nevertheless, Shoes and socks keep their toes and feet warm. Most blood vessels are present in the hands or the feet; therefore, having cold hands and feet can put the baby at risk of falling sick. Owning these simple baby accessories can come in handy at any moment.
- Bath sets – Many parents tend to ignore bath sets; however, they are important. The soft towels designed with hoods are made of terry cotton and quickly soak up moisture keeping the baby dry after a bath.
While purchasing baby clothes, the key aspects to keep in mind are comfort, versatility and style. It is important to make sure that the bay is cosy at all times.
Important factors to consider:
- Fabric- Babies have sensitive skin; hence choosing the right fabric is necessary.
- Safety – Bows, ribbons, and buttons may look cute and fancy, but they can be choking hazards.
- Size – Babies grow extremely fast in the first year, and as tempting as it might be to stock up on cute outfits and baby accessories, parents must keep in mind that they can’t use the outfits for too long.
- Cost – Never compromise on the quality because of the price. Babies are sensitive, and it is important to buy the best possible outfit for the newborn baby. Choose quality over quantity.
- Season – Always buy season-appropriate clothing. Uncomfortable clothing may affect the health and mood of the baby. Think ahead and stock up on the dress accordingly.