Looking to set up a Netgear router? Well, this comprehensive guide can help you make things possible in a jiffy. Below is the breakdown of various steps explaining the overall process of setting up a Netgear router using routerlogin.net.
Note: routerlogin.net is the default web address that helps users configure their WiFi devices with ease. However, the web address works only on the web browser updated with the latest software version. So, if the web browser installed on your PC is outdated, it is recommended that you get it updated to the latest software version right away.
Complete Guide to Configure Netgear Router
Follow the steps given below to make your WiFi router up and running using routerlogin web address:
- Unwrap your router if you have not yet opened it. Make sure no part of the device is damaged. If it is, get the router replaced with a new one.
- Now, connect the antennas if given in the box and install them in a proper manner.
- Next, you need to plug in your router to a power socket that is supplying sufficient and fluctuation-free power.
Note: During the first-time installation of the router, it is advised to place it in the same room where your modem is already placed.
It’s time to connect your router to the modem. This can be done with the help of an Ethernet cable. Some users try connecting both devices wirelessly. Although a wireless connection can be established between the devices, at times it can hamper the process of router installation process, so better avoid it.
- After establishing a firm connection between both the devices, turn on the power button on your router and wait till you find the LED lights on it turn green.
- As soon as you find the lights on your router have started glowing green, turn on your PC and launch a web browser on it.
- In the address field of your browser, type routerlogin.net web address and hit the Enter key.
- Completion of this step will directly take you to the login page of your router.
- Once there, type your default credentials into the given fields and select login.
- You will then land on the routerlogin.net setup wizard.
- Reaching here, certain instructions will reveal on your device’s screen. Following all the prompts in the exact given order, you will be able to complete the router setup process.
We hope by following the steps given in the post, you will be able to make your Netgear WiFi router up and running. Now, let’s give you some additional tips that can help you take your router-using experience to the next level. Here they are:
Tips to Be Followed After Netgear Router Setup
- Change the password of your router to secure it from potential threats. Make sure you choose a simple yet hard-to-crack password for your device.
- Update the firmware of your router from time to time to bring your device security improvements.
- Connect only those devices to the network of your router which is currently being used by you or your family members. Excess connectivity of devices may hit the performance of your WiFi router.
- Keep your WiFi router away from things/devices that can cause WiFi interference. For instance, you can place your router far from Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, reflexive surfaces, microwave ovens, etc. This is recommended because the closeness of such a device to the router can lead to the Netgear router not working issue.
- Create a guest network account on your router for the people visiting your home and often ask you to share your WiFi details.
These all are the tips that will help you not only configure your router but also get the best out of it. Let us know in the comments, how did you find the post.