Being a regular Windows 10 user, it is obvious to get confronted with technical glitches while using your printer for printing. Once in a while, the printing process can be blocked by a Windows 10 system and hence prompting the Printer In Error State error message. However, when your printer is in an error state, it means your printer is malfunctioning and has a fault in the printer hardware. Furthermore, you won’t be able to print your important documents. So, now, it’s time to learn what actually triggers it and on that basis, how your faulty printer is to be fixed. Read the post with concentration from top-to-toe as a handy solution is at your fingertips.
Possible Reasons Behind Printer In Error State Issue
Check out a couple of feasible causes that probably lead your printer to be in an error state. Let’s have a glimpse:
- Corrupt Printer Drivers
- Some specific software conflict
- Issues with the printer itself such as paper jam, insufficient paper loaded, low ink, etc.
- Issues with the printer hardware such as defective cables, damaged printer ports, internal debris, etc.
- Connectivity issues can also be the one reason for having A Printer In An Error State issue.
Intellectual Solutions To Fix Printer In Error State on Windows 10
It’s understood that a printer with an error is literally the worst condition ever. So, when your Windows 10 PC is saying that the Printer Is In Error State, it can be dreadful. This actually keeps you away from printing your urgent document. But, don’t you feel blue as we’ve gathered the comprehensive fruitful solutions in the beneath section. You just have to keep an eye on the given intuitive guidance and implement them to get your printer out of the error state. Let’s start!
Solution 1: Make Sure The Printer Is Connected To Windows 10 PC
There would be a high chance of getting A Printer In An Error State if your printer is not appropriately connected to a Windows 10 PC. Thus, it is so crucial to verify your printer’s connection.
If you use a wired printer, identify the cable and confirm that it is not defective or damaged otherwise your printer will be in an error state. Also, ensure that the cable is properly plugged into both your Windows 10 computer and your printer.
If you use a wireless printer, you are extensively required to connect the printer to a working Wi-Fi network.
Furthermore, here’s the step to confirm your Windows 10 PC properly recognizes your printer:
First, you have to input “Control Panel” in the Windows 10 search box and select the Best match.
- Then, in the Control Panel section, navigate to the “Hardware and Sound” options, and then click “View devices and printers”.
- Afterward, you can see the list of programs installed on your device. Look for the printer you use and select it.
- Now, at the bottom, your printer’s Status field will state “Ready”. This means your Windows 10 computer system recognizes the printer and is able to communicate with it.
Now, you can print anything without even receiving an error message. But, if still, the Printer In Error State message appears, try out the next solution.
Solution 2: Reboot Your Printer
Rebooting a Windows 10 device could be helpful in a way to get rid of many temporary issues. Such a rebooting method should also be applicable to printer problems. Therefore, when your PC says that the Printer Is In An Error State, it’s always worth turning off your printer and after a moment turning it back on.
To reboot your printer:
- First and forecast, press the “Power” button on your printer itself.
- Thereafter, wait for a couple of minutes.
- And then, press again the “Power” button to turn it back ON.
Now, you can frequently attempt to print. This time, your Windows 10 system will probably no longer display the same error message. If still printer is in an error state, execute the next solving method.
Solution 3: Verify The Paper And Level Of Ink Cartridges
A possible reason for experiencing A Printer In An Error State issue is that the printer doesn’t have a sufficient amount of A-4-sized paper loaded in the input tray. Or, probably, the printer is having low/empty ink cartridges.
So, technically, that’s an issue with your printer itself and not your Windows 10 PC. Thus, what you should actually perform is load the stack of plain white paper into the paper tray. Thereafter, you need to turn on the printer and check the cartridge ink levels. If these levels are not up to the mark in the container, replace the cartridges as soon as you can.
Now, you can print a test page to ensure that the Printer In An Error State issue has been resolved. If yet the same error persists, execute the next solution.
Solution 4: Reinstall The Printer Drivers
If the driver installed against your printer on your Windows 10 is out of date, despite printing you will receive printer in an error state message. Thus, if the drivers are faulty or inappropriately installed, remove them first and try to reinstall them. Here’s how:
- First, disconnect the printer from your Windows 10 PC.
- Now, open the “Control Panel” on your computer.
- Then, select the “View devices and printers” option beneath “Hardware and Sound”.
- Afterward, locate your printer in the devices list.
- Place a right-click on your printer and then select the “Remove device” tab.
- After doing so, a prompt appears asking “if you really want to remove the selected printer”.
- You have to click the “Yes” tab to continue.
- Now, connect your printer to your Windows 10 system. Your PC should automatically install the drivers.
Try to print an important document now to check if the printer is still in an error state or if it has come out from the error state. If the same error message exists, implement the next solving tricks.
Solution 5: Automate The Print Spooler Service
It is valuable to set the print spooler service in an “automate” mode as it efficiently fixes the Printer In Error State problem. So, now, let’s do it by following the below-noted steps:
- First of all, press the “Windows logo + R” keys simultaneously on your keyboard to open the Run dialog.
- Now, type “services.msc” in the search field, and hit the “Enter” or press the “OK” button.
- Afterward, locate the “Print Spooler service” from the appeared list, right-click on it, and then select the “Properties” option.
- Click the dropdown menu just next to “Startup type” and choose the “Automatic” option.
- Afterward, click “Apply” followed by the “OK” button at the bottom.
- In the end, reboot your Windows 10 computer.
Now, feel free to print anything. If, in case still, the Printer Is In Error State, move to the next solution.
Solution 6: Update Windows 10
Running an older version of the Windows operating system could result in many issues, even including “Printer In Error State”.
So, it would be the best idea to update your Windows 10 PC. You can hassle-freely do this by implementing the given instructions:
- Press the “Windows logo + I” keys all at the same time to open the “Settings” app in the Windows 10 system.
- Now, click “Update & Security” on the Settings screen.
- Afterward, make a selection of “Windows Update” from the sidebar on the left.
- Next, click “Check for updates” on the right.
- Install the available updates.
After updating your Windows 10 device, you can print anything without any obstacles, for sure.
One-Stop Solution Is At 24/7 Helpline Printer Support Number
Your printer’s status yet displays Printer In Error State message on Windows 10 even after accurately implementing the aforesaid course of actions. Don’t you know what to do next to get overcome this problematic hurdle? Chill! Simply, place a single call at the given helpline number. Your call will soon be entertained by one of our deft connoisseurs who are experienced in handling such a problem. With their ultimate guidance and techniques, your printer will definitely get out of its error state.