PST files are Microsoft Outlook documents hoarded on the PC. Data is restrained in them with hefty amplitude. You will find all of the necessities inhibited in a mailbox in Outlook, such as journals, notes, attachments, emails, and calendars. A PST file can hold a maximal size of 2GB. They can also be fostered using a password.
- Part 1: There are nine methods and means to forfend PST File Corruption
- Part 2: A better way to prevent PST from corruption is Outlook Recovery
Part 1: There are nine methods and means to forfend PST File Corruption.
In general, the Outlook PST file can be corrupted. Is this preventable? It most certainly can. There are nine ways in which you can prevent PST file corruption:
1. Inflated PST files should never be used. Despite the fact that the space restriction for PST files in Outlook 2003 to 2007 has been expanded to 20 GB and 50 GB in Outlook 2010, it is still recommended that you keep your PST file under 10 GB. This is because:
- Massive PST files slow down operations.
- Massive files are prone to corruption.
- Scanpst or Outlook can patch up corrupt PST files, but the patching process will take a long time to execute if you have a massive PST file.
2. PST files’ inclusion into the old format should never exceed 2GB in size. In all adaptations of MS Outlook from the foregoing to MS Outlook 2002, the maximal size of a PST file was 2GB. If the size of a PST file exceeds 2GB, it is a threat of corruption and will begin to cause a dispute. So, if you want to avert PST file corruption, be sure that the size of your old-format PST file is less than 1.5 GB.
3. Don’t process too many emails at once. MS Outlook can be dampened down while processing a massive number of emails at once. If such a situation arises, you may be bound to shut down Outlook in an unexpected manner, ending in the corruption of the PST file. A legitimate maximum is 10,000 emails. Vaguely, if you’re trying to delete, copy, transfer, or select more than 10,000 emails in an individual batch, don’t do it all at once. You should only handle 10,000 emails at a time. Rerun the process until all of the emails have been dealt with.
4. There’s no way PST files should be saved on a server or network drive. PCs should be used only to save PST files. Never save it to a server or a distant disc since the PST files’ dense access will not be prompted by the network environment, resulting in numerous PST file corruptions. Moreover, never bestow simultaneous network access to the PST file on many end-users, since this might sabotage the file.
5. Never shut down Outlook in an unusual way. PST files passed down by Outlook can be smoothly busted if Outlook is shut down inadequately. In conclusion, you must not employ the task manager to shut down Outlook. Even after you’ve closed Outlook, it may run in the background and do duties like receiving and sending emails. In this case, the Outlook symbol will be shown in the system tray. Look for ‘OUTLOOK.EXT’ in the ‘Task Manager’ list labeled ‘Processes’ to see if Outlook is running or not. In the event of a network outage, Outlook will continue to operate eternally since it will be attempting to send or receive emails that aren’t being sent due to the internet being down. In such an instance, manually deactivating your internet connection is the best proposal to close Outlook. Outlook will be shut off soon after the network shuts down. If Outlook does not close successfully, another option is to restart the program. Once the software has been restarted, wait a few moments before closing it. This will ensure that the software shuts down in a regular manner.
6. Stop Outlook accurately after it has been shut down, and then shut down your PC. If you leave Outlook open when you shut down your computer, the PST file may be perverted. As a result, if you want to avert PST file corruption, always shut down your computer after confirming that Outlook is correctly stopped.
7. Antivirus software should be taken seriously. If your massive PST file, which holds a massive number of your emails, is secured by antivirus software, this antivirus will also alter the processing of emails in your PST file. If the antivirus is sluggish, it will slow down the process. Antivirus software can also cause problems with PST files. Microsoft OneCare can even detach PST files.
8. Outlook Add-Ins should be avoided. The putrefaction of a PST file might also be activated by an issue with Outlook add-ins. So, if they’re causing you problems, you should disable them to avoid PST file corruption.
9. Substitute your PST files on a weekly basis. The only way to avert data loss is to formulate backups. You should back up your PST files on a daily basis so that if they are ever demolished, you may restore them from the most recent backup.
Part 2: How to Recover Outlook PST Corrupted Files
The Outlook files get corrupted and you are unable to find a solution or a way to recover or repair them. Here we are serving a tool method called Outlook Recovery software. This utility has a great algorithm of working capabilities. However, there is no native guide who performs the recovery and gives the best result. The manual is insanely tiresome for the delivery of Outlook to save your data from getting corrupted. On the other hand, Outlook recovery software well-managed programs work with full efficiency and safety. It recovers your whole data from Outlook and saves you time and money.
Let’s see the steps to find out the workings of the software.
- Get the Outlook Recovery software and run it.
- To fix Outlook problems, select Quick / Advanced Scan.
- Recover and view the data items in your Outlook PST file.
- Save the PST file as a PDF, MSG, EML, HTML, PST, or O365 file.
In conclusion, if you were facing difficulties in Outlook recovery, then this effective method will work for sure. We recommend this tool all over the globe. We got lots of positive reviews of the Outlook Recovery software. This utility is verified by MVPs and experts. So choose accordingly.