Are you finding it difficult to access the TP Link extender login page? Well, you are not alone who is struggling with the issue. Our tech support providers are being contacted by many TP Link extender users on daily basis for getting the solution to the same issue. Thus, we have decided to come up with this post explaining steps on how to access TP Link extender login page in a hassle-free manner. Just give the shot to the steps given below and install your range extender in no time. Up for it?
How to Access TP Link extender Login Page?
For first-time users:
- We suggest you unwrap your extender without damaging it.
- Once done, install the antennas of the extender (if available).
- Place the extender in the same room where your router is configured.
- Give your extender a higher surface to sit on.
Continue if you have already followed the above:
- Plug in the extender to a working wall socket and then turn on the power button.
- Let the LEDs on your TP Link extender lit and become stable.
- Time to connect the extender to the router! For this, you can get access to the Ethernet cable that came along with the extender.
Note: If you are not having access to an Ethernet cable, consider connecting both the devices wirelessly.
- Done with all the steps given above? Well, now get access to a computer/laptop.
Note: Make sure the device you use is not infected with viruses. Also, temporarily disable apps like Firewall and Antivirus (if installed) as they may create issues with the TP link extender login process.
- You now need to open a web browser on your system. Although any web browser can be used for the TP Link extender login process, still the one you use must be updated to the latest software version.
- Before you proceed further, delete cache and cookies from the web browser that is being used for the process.
- Now, enter the default web address of your extender into the address field. FYI, the default web address of TP Link extenders is tplinkrepeater.net.
- While entering the web address into its respective field, make sure you do not commit any typing mistakes. Else, you will get redirected to a third-party site or caught with an error message saying tplinkrepeater.net not working issue.
- That’s it! You have covered the most! Now hit the Enter key.
- You will get access to the TP Link extender login page.
- Reaching here, type your login details into the given fields and click Login.
Completion of this step will get you success with the TP Link extender login process. Now, if you want to configure your extender, here’s how you can do that.
- Navigate to the settings of your TP Link range extender and locate the network you want to expand using the TP Link extender.
- Once located, select it.
- Certain on-screen instructions will reveal on your system.
- Follow all the notifications the same as they are and complete the TP Link extender setup process.
Here ends our guide on accessing TP Link extender login page and configuring the device. Moving on, let’s reveal the to-do list to be followed after configuring a TP Link extender. Count on us, implementing the hacks we are going to explain in the next section will take your internet-using experience to the next level. So, stick to reading!
To-do-List after Completing TP-Link Extender Setup
- Change the password
Yes, changing the password from default to something personalized can help you keep intruders away from the access of your WiFi. However, while changing the password, make sure you add digits, alphabets, and special characters to it for making it hard to crack.
- Update Firmware
Firmware updates bring bug fixes and security improvements to your device. Thus, whenever you find any new firmware update for your extender, get it updated.
- Set Parental Controls
If you want to monitor the online activities of your kids then it’s better you enable the parental control feature of your TP Link range extender.
That’s all for now! We hope the post helped you access the login page of your extender, configure it, and with various additional tips for getting the most out of it. Is it? Share your feedback in the comments section.