Flooring is perhaps the very first thing that might come to your mind when renovating the home is concerned. The type of flooring you plan to install should support traffic. The option selected should fit your specific needs and lifestyle. Glazed porcelain can be termed to be a style that is sure to be a huge hit. They are created similar to ceramic tiles as well as used for wall coverings and the floor.
More about glazed porcelain tiles
Glazed porcelain floor tiles are created from clay. They undergo thorough firing process to derive that glossy finish. However, when compared to unglazed tiles, they are less durable. However, glazing process allows deriving a variety of colours and styles to choose from. Its high durability allows them to be used outdoors, thus achieving perfect patio. They also come with 0.5% water absorption rate. Besides being beautiful, they are stain and humidity-resistant.
Porcelain is being manufactured for centuries now and used mostly in spas, bathing areas and elite homes. Natural products are used in its creation. Tiles are square shaped and fired in kilns. You may check out wooden flooring tiles price in Delhi as they are also excellent options. The process is as follows:
- Basics: The first step involves mining organic and natural raw materials. To make the base, minerals and clay is mixed with 50% created from feldspar.
- Transformation: Once extraction is done, mixture gets blended as semi-fine powder. Then is added water for creating mud type consistency referred to as slurry that gets pumped within a large dryer. Once dried, slurry converts into fine clay powder, appears like warm sand.
- Shape: Sand gets pressed to be formed in tile shape, called ‘green tiles’. Extrusion method is used to replace traditional process based pressing step. For this mold is used to shape tiles. They are dried for eliminating moisture.
- Glaze: Frit, a glass derivative is used to prepare glazing liquid. Coloured dyes and frit is mixed together for developing the desired appearance. Spray or high pressure is used to the glaze or directly poured into tile.
- Heat: Ceramic tiles get fired at extremely high temperatures in a kiln. Glazed tiles’ denser and harder properties are derived. It is now ready to be used.
Glazed porcelain tiles are amazing choices to be installed indoors. They can enhance your home’s overall aesthetic value. They can also fit well bathrooms, kitchens and laundry rooms. The glazing process enables deriving such tiles in a variety of colours. Thus, you can derive any desired look. You just need to become creative in your approach.
They are also used in the form of kitchen backsplashes. Thus, it offers greater flexibility to derive a colour scheme that will match perfectly your space and style. They are also termed to be scratch resistant and durable. This means, it can be used for a long time and can withstand rough use. If you seek stain-resistant and colourful tile, then glazed porcelain tiles do make the perfect choice. They are sure to make your bathroom or kitchen to shine in the real sense.