Does your Wavlink extender keep on disconnecting? It’s a severe headache when you get into this kind of situation, but need not worry. This issue is faced by many users. So, to make things easier, we have managed to gather all the essential information to resolve the Wavlink WiFi extender keep disconnecting issue. Just have a glance at the below section.
Reboot Your Extender
Rebooting your Wavlink extender will resolve minor technical hiccups that might be the reason behind the Wavlink extender keeps on disconnecting issue. So, here we have outlined information through which you can easily reboot your extender.
- Disconnect all the WiFi-enabled devices from your Wavlink extender and turn it off.
- Now, remove it from the power source and set it aside for a while.
- After waiting for some time, switch it on after connecting it to the power source.
Now, see whether the issue you were facing has been resolved. If not, then jump to the next troubleshooting technique.
Check the Power Source
Confirm that the power socket through which your Wavlink extender is plugged in doesn’t have any sign of damage. If that’s not the case, then try switching your extender to another socket. Apart from it, don’t forget to inspect the condition of your power cable as it needs to be free from any kind of wear or tear for proper functioning.
Check Your Internet Connection
Verify that your Wavlink extender is well connected to the internet. In some cases, users get stuck with an issue due to the broken Ethernet cable while using a wired connection. So, we suggest you check the condition of the Ethernet cable. If you find any sign of damage to the Ethernet cable, then swap or replace it with a new one. Else, the issue might continue to arise. Moreover, if you are using a wireless connection, then ensure that your WiFi extender is getting a strong WiFi signal. If not, then try relocating your WiFi extender close to your host router to avoid any connectivity issues.
Update Your Wavlink Extender
Using an outdated version of the Wavlink extender firmware can also be one of the reasons behind the outcome of this specific issue. So, check the version of your Wavlink extender firmware. If it’s old, then upgrade it to the most recent version. Here, we have outlined simple steps to upgrade your WiFi extender firmware. Just walk through it.
- Turn on your Wavlink extender and the PC.
- On your PC, download the latest version of the firmware as per your model.
- Once downloaded, unzip the file if needed.
- Then, open a new tab and insert the default URL for the Wavlink login page.
- Once you are on the Wavlink login page, insert the default username and password and click OK.
- Once you are logged in, browse your cursor to the Upgrade Firmware and click it.
- Then, a new page will appear where you need to click the Browse button to locate and upload the downloaded file.
- Once uploaded, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Wavlink firmware update process.
In this manner, you can update your Wavlink extender firmware to the latest version.
Reset Your Extender
Resetting your Wavlink extender to the default factory settings is required when none of the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods work for you. However, many users aren’t aware of the reset process. If you are one of them, then walk through the below-mentioned steps to reset your Wavlink extender.
- Seek for the Reset button on your Wavlink extender.
- Once you have located the button, press it.
- Then, your Wavlink extender will restart automatically and will be restored to the default factory settings.
Now, reconfigure your Wavlink extender by accessing the Wavlink setup page.
Hopefully, the aforementioned steps will help you in fixing the Wavlink WiFi extender keeps disconnecting issue. If you know any other troubleshooting method, then let us know by leaving a comment in the comment section.