Top Tourist Destinations in India that are Worth Visiting
If the idea of a holiday in India makes you dream of the delicious food of Delhi, the Taj Mahal in Agra, the forts built by the Raja Maharajas of Rajasthan, the beautiful beaches of Goa, and the mountains of Manali, Kasol, Shimla, you must read this blog. It includes the most famous tourist places to visit in India. In these best tourist places in India, you will feel India’s Life and Food Culture, Ancient History, Colors, and many more.
India is one of the oldest civilizations and has the richest cultural heritage in the world. India is one country where you can find everything, from wild safaris, desert safaris, nature-seeking places, honeymoon spots, adventurous activities, and spiritual to historical destinations.
India is so big and has all the rainbow colors that every time you plan a holiday in India, you get to see some new beautiful places in India to explore and gather unforgettable memories.
Check out the top tourist places to visit in India below.
10 Best Places to Visit in India
Travel GOA at its best
Goa in India has the most adventurous and relaxing places to visit in Goa with family. This one destination has more than the top 10 places to visit in Goa to enjoy night parties, explore thrills and enjoy your holidays with friends. When you visit Goa, you will get a glimpse of Portuguese culture and heritage at that place. Goa is a State that reflects the memories of the Portuguese. In Goa, the Portuguese remained as a gift and gave its culture to India in the form of beautiful forts, monuments, and foods.
- Best time to Visit Goa – Goa is the best place to visit in April in India to enjoy the beach and summer sun. Goa is the best place to stay in December in India to enjoy the cool sea breeze in winter.
- Places to Visit in Goa: Palolem Beach, Dudhsagar Falls, Aguada Fort, Baga Beach, Anjuna Beach, Shree Mangesha Temple, Immaculate Conception Church, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Calangute Beach
- Activities to Do in Goa – Hopping, Parasailing, Scuba Diving & Snorkeling, Jet Skiing, Banana Boat Rides, Hot Air Balloon rides, Aqua Zorbing & Soccer, and many more.
- How to Reach Goa?
- Dabolim International Airport in Goa is best to reach the destination via air.
- Vasco-Da-Gama (North Goa) and Madgaon Junction (South Goa) are the Railway Stations to reach Goa via train.
2. RAJASTHAN is the Best Place to Taste Royalty in India
Rajasthan is a union of beautiful traditional cities and is the most famous place to visit in India. This tourist place in India attracts the highest number of tourists because of its rich culture and heritage. In every city of Rajasthan, you will find mesmerizing sights and places. Each city of Rajasthan has its color, Jaipur is Pink City, and Jodhpur is Blue. From Dal Bati Churma, Mirchi Vada, and Ker Sangri to the forts of Rajasthan, Junagarh Fort, Kumbhalgarh Fort, and Chittorgarh Fort, everything will fascinate you. In Rajasthan, you will explore the beautiful and history-refreshing monuments and forts.
- Best Time to Visit – Rajasthan is one of the best places you can visit in April when the mercury is rising and December when winter is freezing people.
- The best places to visit in Rajasthan– are Jaipur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Bikaner, Mount Abu, and Chittorgarh.
- Things to Do in Rajasthan: Exploring forts and palaces, participating in festivals like fair, Gangaur Festival, Elephant Festival, and Teej, and trying on delectable Rajasthani dishes.
- How to Reach Rajasthan?
- Jaipur International Airport, Maharana Pratap Airport, Jodhpur Airport, and Jaisalmer Airport, to reach Rajasthan, the tourist place in India, via air.
- Nearest Train Station – are railway stations at Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Alwar, Bharatpur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Kota, Nagaur, Sikar, Bikaner, etc.
- A bus is also available to reach Rajasthan from its neighboring states.
3. DELHI is the Famous Place to Visit in India
Delhi, the capital of India, is known for its beauty and culture. Delhi is very small, but the hearts of the people of Delhi are too big. You will fall in love with the food here. Different types of dishes are available in Delhi. When you come to Delhi, you will see how this small Delhi represents millions of colors. There is the Red Fort in Delhi, then there is India Gate, somewhere there is Lodhi Garden, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, and many other beautiful places to see in Delhi.
- Best Time to Visit – You can visit Delhi in any season. Everything is famous in Delhi from winter to summer.
- Places to Visit in Delhi – are Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Jama Masjid, Chandni Chowk, Lodhi Garden, Humayun Tomb, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple, Purana Qila, Jantar Mantar, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib Ji, Nehru Park, Janpath Market, etc.
- Things to Do in Delhi – are shopping in Connaught Place, Sarojini Nagar Market, and Hauz Khas Village, and enjoying delicious food at Parathe Wali Gali, Dilli Haat, and many more.
- How to Reach Delhi?
- Indira Gandhi International Airport to reach Delhi via air.
- New Delhi Railway Station to travel to Delhi by train.
- You can travel via a bus to reach Delhi.
4. AGRA is Where the Taj Mahal is.
A beautiful monument represents the story of a king’s love for his beloved wife to the youth of today’s era. If you go to Agra, it will be fun to try the Petha and Peda (Sweeteners) there. Agra is not far from Delhi, so when you come to Delhi in India, definitely go to Agra.
- Best Time to Visit – Agra is one of the best places to visit in April in India and the best places to visit in December in India. So, this destination is a perfect tourist place in India.
- Places to Visit in Agra – Taj Mehal, Agra Fort, Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal, Abkar Tomb, Itimad-ud-Daulah Tomb, Mehtab Bagh, Dolphin Water Park, Wildlife Conservation and Care Centre
- Things to Do in Agra – Boat ride, watching the Light and Sound Show at Agra Fort, visiting Fatehpur Sikri, and enjoying authentic Mughlai dishes and street foods.
- How to Reach
- Agra Airport and New Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport reach Agra via air.
- Agra Cantonment Railway Station for train travelers
- You can travel to Agra vis bus from its neighboring states.
5. MUNNAR that can Mesmerize your Soul
Love Hill Stations? Munnar is a hill station where twelve months, you can see the greenery on the hills. When you go to this place, you will find yourself away from office work, traffic noise, home tensions, worries about the world, and your troubles, and you will be able to relax at once.
- Best Time to Visit – Munnar is where you can enjoy all the seasons, rain, summer, and winter.
- Places to Visit in Munnar – are Echo Point, Atukkad Waterfalls, Eravikulam National Park, Top StationPallivasal Falls, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Rose Garden, Kolukkumalai Tea Estate, and Tata Tea Museum.
- Things to Do in Munnar – Speed boating, horse riding, boat rides, visiting tea plantations, fun rides at Wonder Valley Adventure and Amusement Park, rock climbing, trekking, and rappelling
- How to Reach Munnar?
- Cochin International Airport to reach the beautiful city Munnar by air.
- Aluva Railway Station is the easiest way to reach Munnar by train.
6. COORG the Natural Beauty
Want to see Scotland, but you do not have time? Visit Coorg, the Scotland of the East, famous for its steep hills, rich flora and fauna, green forests, coffee plantations, and picturesque views.
- Best Time to Visit – Just as you can do meditation at any time, in the same way, all the months are fun to visit a beautiful place like Coorg. If you want, you can also go to Coorg in April when the mountains of Coorg are shining with the beautiful rays of the sun, and going to Coorg in December will fascinate you with mesmerizing views.
- Places to Visit in Coorg – are Abbey Falls, Shri Omkareshwara Temple, Raja’ Tomb, Talakaveri, Madikeri Fort, Honnamana Kere Lake, Raja Seat Namdroling Monastery, and Government Museum Madikeri.
- Things to Do in Coorg – are spending time near waterfalls, visiting coffee and spice plantations, river rafting, wildlife safari, and trekking.
- How to Reach Coorg?
- Mangalore International Airport is the nearest airport to reach Coorg by air.
- Mysuru Junction railway station to reach Coorg by train.
7. MANALI is a Blessing of the Himalayas.
Manali is one of the most beautiful places in India to explore the natural charm and unparalleled beauty. This tourist place in India is famous for its thrilling adventure opportunities, Hadimba Temple, Rohtang Pass, the Solang valley, and its picturesque culinary scene.
- Best Time to Visit – Manali is a place to visit in April in India to beat the sun’s heat. And when you want to enjoy your tea with the view of the mountains in the cold air in winter, Manali is also the best place to visit in December in India.
- Places to Visit in Manali – are Manu Temple, Nehru Kund, Hidimba Devi Temple, Jogini Falls, Himalayan Nyinmapa Tibetan Buddhist Temple, Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art, and Mall Road.
- Things to Do in Manali – are paragliding, parachuting, horse riding, mountain biking, skiing and sled riding, trekking, river rafting, ziplining, zorbing, and many more.
- How to Reach Manali?
- Bhuntar Airport is the nearest one to reach Manali, so book your flight ticket now.
- Joginder Nagar Railway Station to reach Manali via train.
- By the way, it has fun to reach Manali by bus.
8. SHIMLA, the Capital of Himachal
Shimla is one of the best tourist places to visit in India, where you will enjoy pleasant walking on hillsides surrounded by the evergreen coniferous trees. This beautiful place in India is famous for its glimpses of ancient colonial-style buildings, toy trains, etc.
- Best Time to Visit – You can explore Manali in any season, rain to summer and winter.
- Places to Visit in Shimla – Mall Road, Shimla Christ Church, Narkanda, Himalayan Bird Park, Annandale, Himachal State Museum, Kufri, Green Valley, Jakhu Temple, Chail, Theog, and Kali Bari Temple.
- Things to Do in Shimla – are exploring traditional delicious foods and cocktails, toy train riding, skiing, trekking, horse riding, etc.
- How to Reach Shimla?
- Shimla Jubbarhatti Airport and Chandigarh International Airport
- Kalka Railway Station and Chandigarh Railway Station
- A bus ride is also available to reach Shimla.
9. VARANASI (Banaras) is the Oldest Living City in the World
Varanasi is the best place to visit in India to understand the depth of spirituality in India. When you reach Varanasi, you will feel an aura to meditate to connect with the creator of the Universe. There are many small and big temples near the Ganga river in Varanasi, where in the evening it seems as if we celebrate Diwali every day. It is said that in Varanasi, Mother Ganga worships Vishnu Bhavan daily.
- Best Time to Visit – You can visit Varanasi in any season and find peace on the shore of the Mother Ganga river.
- Places to Visit in Varanasi – are Sankatmochan Temple, Sankatmochan Temple, Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Sankatmochan Temple, Ramnagar Fort, Shri Durga Temple, Kaal Bhairav Temple, Sarnath Museum, etc.
- Things to Do in Varanasi – Visit temples for blessings, eat delectable Varanasi food and sweets, buy beautiful silk sarees, and try a boat ride.
- How to Reach Varanasi?
- Varanasi Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport is for those who want to reach Varanasi by air.
- Varanasi Junction for train travelers.
- A bus ride is also an excellent option to travel to Varanasi.
10. AMRISTAR is the home to Sri Harmandir Sahib.
When you go to Amritsar, you get a glimpse of the old Punjab. Beautiful open roads, traditional Punjabi food, blooming fields, and the most beautiful Golden Temple. In Amritsar, you will also get the look of Lahore of Pakistan. Amritsar and Lahore are said to be like two sisters. You will find the history of Punjab culture in India only in Amritsar.
- Best Time to Visit – Amritsar is the top tourist place in India where you can visit any season.
- Places to Visit in Amritsar – are Golden Temple, Wagah Border, Akal Takht, Mata Lal Devi Mandir, Partition Museum, Gobindgarh Fort, Central Sikh Museum, War Memorial and Museum, and ISKCON Temple.
- Things to Do in Amritsar – Explore Punjabi cuisine and street food, get the blessings of God by doing ‘Langar Seva’ at Golden Temple, enjoy Suncity Amusement and Waterpark, and birdwatching at Harike Wetlands.
- How to Reach Amristar?
- Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport to reach Amristar via air.
- Amritsar Junction for train travelers.
- You can also go to Amritsar by bus.
India is wonderfully big and broad and famous for its beautiful places to see. It is a bit difficult to inform about all Places to Visit in India in one go. But these are some famous tourist places in India where you must go and see the different colors of India. You can contact SuperbMyTrip for the best domestic and international travel packages from flights to buses. We always have great offers going on.