Electronic Health Records (EHR) are an important part of the medical industry. They have many benefits and can help doctors, nurses, and other healthcare professionals to better serve their patients. However, there are many different EHR systems available that make it difficult for providers to find the one that best fits their needs.
In this article we will compare two popular EHRs: CureMD EHR and Welligent EHR to help you decide which is right for your practice.
What is CureMD EHR:
CureMD EHR is a certified web-based electronic health record (EHR) software that provides an easy to use, integrated solution for your practice. It can be used by small practices as well as large medical groups. In addition to desktop computers and laptops, CureMD EHR is also available on tablets and mobile devices which allows you to access your patient data from anywhere in the world!
What is a Welligent EHR?
Welligent is an integrated cloud-based solution designed for folks with mental health and behavioral healthcare that manage patient records and charting, patient engagement, billing, and several daily operations. It provides an ONC-certified client charting module and HIPAA-compliant that can be easily accessed by patient charting. Practices can accommodate their patients with an engagement portal.
It provides numerous modules and protocols to increase practice revenue with greater claim reimbursements, government incentives and patient turnout. It also allows visibility into various practice operations with various reports such as appointment scheduling/management, electronic prescribing (eRx), claims management & remittance processing etc
CureMD EHR Features:
- Schedule appointments and workflows automatically across locations. Manage your patient load and get the most out of your staff with color coding, waiting list management, automatic eligibility verification, family/group scheduling, recurring appointments and SMS/email notifications.
- Adding lab orders, vitals, diagnoses, and other patient information using the Avalon EHR app for iOS. The review acknowledged signing and assigning lab results using CPOE system in iPad EHRs.
- Patients can view lab results, set up appointments, request prescription refills, make payments online and receive messages from their physicians on their own device.
- The Patient Portal is built with a workflow process editor that makes it easy to assemble component templates data forms and facilitate adaptation users’ preferences.
- Electronic Labs: Send orders and receive lab results electronically using lab interfacing. Includes trending and task assignment, comparisons of current and past results, and alerts for abnormal results.
- Document Imaging: This feature will allow you to easily capture, scan, and attach paper charts, clinical images, photographs, X-rays, audio files, and medical drawings directly within CureMD. Or use an integrated PACS system to attach images from your imaging system.
Welligent EHR Features:
Welligent EHR Features & details:
- Appointment Scheduling: schedule appointments with patients, work orders, and other tasks that need to be scheduled. You will be able to easily find out the availability of your staff for appointments and processes like scheduling a lunch break or booking days off.
- Charting: intuitive charting system helps users enter information into their records in a quick manner. It also supports dictation so that you don’t have to type all the information manually if someone is unavailable when they are needed at the same time by multiple patients simultaneously.
- Claims Management: This feature allows users inside this platform access to claims data as well as processing them without having any trouble doing so thanks especially to its user-friendly interface which makes it easier than ever before!
- Compliance Tracking: This mobile solution provides real-time alerts so that everyone knows what needs their attention right away before anything else happens (or else). This feature ensures compliance with industry standards while providing better control over workflow schedules too!
- E-Prescribing (EMR): The electronic medical record software from Welligent can help providers save money on medication costs while improving patient care outcomes through better communication between doctors & nurses/practitioners
CureMD EHR Pricing:
PRICING DETAILS (Provided by Vendor):
- The Practice management (PM) packages start at $195/month per provider, while the EHR packages start at $295/month per provider.
- The All-In-One package includes both PM and EHRA starting from $395 per month per provider.
- None of these plans come with a free trial option.
Welligent EHR Pricing:
Prices are not provided by the vendors. . Contact Welligent EHR sales team for a quote.
CureMD EHR Pros and Cons:
- It’s been four years since I started using CureMD’s specialty EHR for my practice, I can proudly say that I am a loyal and happy customer.
- In the beginning, we did face some issues but with its great support team, we can call them any time or email them & they get back to us within 24 hours! Their support has been exceptional.
- Only works with internet explorers which I really dislike (I’m sure it works on other browsers).
- It also needs to be available on mobile devices so that doctors can access their patients’ records while traveling or at home if needed!
Welligent EHR Pros and Cons:
- Our experience has been amazing and positive while making a transition to this software. The integration of the system has also been very smooth. I really like the responsive interface.
- A lot of features that have made work easier for us, including document management and EHR software integration are included in Welligent’s package.
- The support team is available 24/7 via phone, email or live chat, which makes it easy for us to get help whenever we need it. They are very helpful and patient with us when we make a mistake while using their product.
- Occasional bugs and performance issues which can take a while to resolve (I assume these still exist because all software has them)
- Some users found issues with coding when using certain types of medications, but if you are only using one type then there should be no problem at all.
- Doesn’t provide a calendar synchronization feature.
Here’s what we concluded about the two EHRs:
Clinical documentation continues to be the most difficult problem in healthcare today, with individuals spending nearly three hours per day doing clinical documentation, which accounts for 42 percent of all work time in ambulatory settings, according to a recent KLAS report.
If you are looking to optimize your clinical documentation, then either CureMD or Welligent would be a good start.