Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust is responsible for managing the Aarogyasri Scheme, a healthcare program run by the state of Andhra Pradesh. It aims to benefit low-income group families within the state. Those families who cannot afford healthcare facilities are the beneficiaries of the Aarogyasri Healthcare Scheme. Through this scheme, they can access healthcare services free of cost.
Read to understand more about the Dr. YSR Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust and the Aarogyasri Healthcare Scheme.
The Objective of The Scheme:
The principal objective of this scheme is to provide free treatment to patients for certain specific diseases in any hospital located in the state. The healthcare scheme provides Rs. 5 lakh per annum per family across the state’s government hospitals. A health card is issued to the beneficiaries, which can be displayed to the government hospitals to acquire cashless treatment.
The Key Features and Advantages of the YSR Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust Scheme
- Cashless Healthcare: An insurance scheme of Rs. 5 lakh per annum per family is available to the registered beneficiaries.
- In-patient Healthcare: This scheme covers in-patient care for a list of diseases mentioned under the program. It also covers their hospitalization expenses.
- Floater health insurance cover: The entire family of the beneficiary is covered. There is no need to include each family member separately.
- Outpatient Healthcare: Along with in-patient care, this scheme also provides outpatient care at government hospitals and health camps.
- Follow-up treatments: This scheme also covers follow-up therapies and procedures
- Pre-existing disease coverage: This is a unique feature offered by this scheme compared to other commercial health benefit schemes. Under this feature, if the beneficiary was suffering from an ailment before applying for this scheme, then the treatment of that ailment will also be covered.
Eligibility to Apply For The YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
- Native families of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana can apply for this scheme.
- The income of the beneficiary’s family should be below Rs. 5 lakh per annum.
- They should own white ration cards.
- Members of the Antyodaya Anna Yojana can apply too.
- Applicants should not have more than 35 acres of dry and wet land.
- Beneficiaries should pay municipal property tax for less than 3000 sq. ft.
- No applicant should own more than one car.
- Private sector employees can be beneficiaries.
Method to Apply for The YSR Aarogyasri Scheme
- Eligible applicants may visit the nearby enrolment center with the required documents for the application.
- Documents, which include: an Aadhar card, address proof, and income tax returns or income certificates, are verified.
- Upon approval, the applicants are provided with a YSR Aarogyasri healthcare trust card which can be used to avail the benefit of cashless medical treatment at government hospitals.
- The beneficiaries may also visit the Aarogyasri portal and log in with their ID and password. Credentials are available at the MeeSeva Center.
One may also apply for the scheme at the centers below for registration:
- Vaidya Mitra counters which are located at Primary Health Care (PHC)
- Health camps organized by PHC
- Referral from a Certified Medical Compliance Officer (PMCO)
- Directly registering at a network hospital through referrals
Offline Method to Apply For YSR Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust Scheme
Follow the steps given below to register for the scheme offline
Step 1: Visit the YSR Navasakam website https://navasakam2.apcfss.in/login.do
Step 2: Choose the ‘Download’ option from the tab above
Step 3: Select ‘YSR Aarogyasri Health Card Performa’
Step 4: Download the application form for the scheme
Step 5: Print the form
Step 6: Fill out the form, attach all the required documents, and submit it to the concerned department.
Step 7: The documents will be verified, and thereafter, the YSR Health Card will be issued.
Online Method To Enroll For Dr. YSR Aargyasri Health Care Trust
The steps given below need to be followed to upload the application online:
Step 1: One can register on any of the following websites: the official website of YSR Navasakam or the Sachivalayam portal.
Step 2: Select the ‘login’ tab. The log-in page will appear on the screen.
Step 3: Log in to the website and select the ‘Aarogyasri Health Card.’ application form. Thereafter, enter the required details.
Step 4: Upload every supporting document
Step 5: Submit the application form and take a printout for reference.
Treatments Covered Under Ysr Aarogyasri Healthcare Scheme
Surgeries Covered By The Scheme
- Gynecology and obstetrics
- ENT surgery
- Orthopedic surgery and follow-up procedures
- Plastic surgery
- Medical oncology
- Surgical gastroenterology
- Excision of Meckel’s diverticulum
- Bone tumor surgery, reconstruction with internal fixation
- The neck of bladder reconstruction for incontinence
- Exenteration of orbit
- Coronary balloon angioplasty with Dr.ug-eluting stent
- Pediatric surgery
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Open radical prostatectomy
- Genitourinary surgery
- Surgery of emphysema thoracic
- Radiation oncology
- Surgical oncology
- Glaucoma surgery
- Superficial Parotidectomy (non-malignant)
- Excision of ureterocele with ureteric implantation
- Rectopexy open with mesh for rectal prolapse
- Laparoscopic surgical treatment for duodenal perforation
- Joint reconstruction/ intra-articular fractures
- Lumbar hernia repair in a pediatric patient
- Rectovaginal fistula management without colostomy
Critical Care Treatment Under The Scheme
- General medicine
- Infectious diseases
- Certain infectious diseases
- Assisted devices for cardiac failure
- Cardiac transplantation
- Liver transplantation
- Treatments related to bone marrow
The above-mentioned treatments included, this scheme covers 2000 medical procedures under its ambit. It is a boon for the people of Andhra Pradesh. The YSR Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust Scheme benefits the below-poverty-line families of the state. The system of enrolment and execution of the scheme is seamless and convenient. This may help in widening the inclusivity of the scheme to benefit a maximum number of people who satisfy the eligibility criteria. A significant highlight of this scheme is that it also covers the diseases which may have been acquired before enrolment under this scheme. The floater health-scheme facility under this benefits an entire family, thereby eliminating the need to register each member separately. Hopefully, all the queries about the scheme are solved by reading this article.