McAfee is a popular security program known for offering advanced security tools and device protection. Installing McAfee antivirus on the PC will protect it from all malware and harmful threats. Several McAfee plans are available for your system. You can install any compatible McAfee setup and secure your device. If you don’t like the tools of your setup, you can cancel it and get a refund. McAfee has a 30 days refund policy on its plans. You can cancel the subscription and get a full refund easily.
Steps to cancel McAfee subscription from the dashboard
If you have McAfee set up on the device, you can use it for cancelling the McAfee subscription. Open your computer and go to McAfee antivirus. Open the dashboard and click on the My Profile option. You will see your account details. Tap on the subscription option and you will be redirected to the McAfee website. On the subscription page, you will see your plan details. Click on the Cancel button next to it. A refund wizard will appear, choose the refund option and hit on the confirm button. Reopen the subscription window and now you will see the expired status next to the plan. You will also get a refund mail from McAfee at the registered email address.
Requesting refund on McAfee online account
If you can’t use the dashboard for the McAfee refund request, you can use the online account. This problem appears when the user has uninstalled the McAfee setup or he is using another device. If you don’t have that device; you can access an online McAfee account to cancel the subscription and get a refund.
- Open the web browser on any device
- Search for McAfee
- Go to the website and click on the Login button
- Provide the account credentials and login
- On the profile page, tap on the subscription button
- Choose the antivirus plan and tap on the Cancel button
If the plan is under a refund policy, you will get a refund wizard. Choose the refund option from the wizard and hit the OK button. Your McAfee subscription will get cancelled and you will get a refund in a few days.
Cancel your McAfee subscription and get a refund on your phone devices
McAfee also has premium plans for mobile devices. Unlike PC, you can download the setup directly from the website. You have to get the setup and subscription from the Play Store. You can also cancel the subscription from Play Store.
- Open the phone and tap on the Play Store
- Click on the image (right side) and check the account
- Open the same account you used to purchase the McAfee subscription
- Click on Payments and Subscriptions
- Go to Subscriptions and you will see a list of subscribed apps
- Check the list for McAfee
- Select McAfee and tap the Cancel button
- Select Refund and click on Confirm
- After confirmation, your McAfee subscription will be cancelled and you will get a refund email.
After cancelling the McAfee subscription; you can also get a refund if it is under the policy. Before cancelling the subscription; you should check for the conditions on the refund. If your McAfee plan satisfies all the conditions then only apply for a refund. After you apply for a refund, you can’t use any premium tool of McAfee anti-malware.
Steps to get McAfee refund on auto-renewal
McAfee has an auto-renewal feature that helps to prevent plan expiry. If you enable the auto-renewal; your plan will get renewed automatically before the expiry. Sometimes the user doesn’t want to use the plan but McAfee gets auto-renewed. If the plan is auto-renewed, you can apply for a refund. When you get an auto-renewal mail; cancel it immediately to get the refund. You can request a refund within 30 days of auto-renewal.
- Open the McAfee antivirus account
- Tap on the Subscription window
- Select the auto-renewed plan
- Hit on the Cancel button
- You will get the refund details on the screen
After cancelling, go to the subscription window. You will see the remaining days on the current plan. After the expiry of the current McAfee plan, your antivirus won’t renew automatically. You will get the McAfee refund in a few days. To prevent McAfee auto-renewal, go to the subscription and disable it. Now you can use the McAfee tools without worrying about auto-renewal.