Whether you want to update the firmware of your Netgear wireless range extender via 192.168.1.250, change its default admin password, hide its network name, or tweak any other settings, performing a Netgear extender login is important. Otherwise, no matter what technique you try, you just won’t be able to change the settings of your wireless device.
Continue reading this article and learn how to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender using two different methods.
Netgear Extender Login Using Manual Method
Follow the instructions mentioned below and learn how to perform Netgear extender login using the Manual method:
- Plug your Netgear wireless range extender into a working power source.
- Press the Power button.
- Wait for a few seconds and let the power LED become green.
- Thereafter, get hold of an Ethernet cable.
- Connect one end of the cable to the extender and another to your home router.
- Switch on your computer and connect it to the extender’s Netgear_ext.
- Open an internet browser of your choice.
Note: Whatever web browser you choose to use, make sure that it is running on its updated version. Also, your browser should be free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- In the address bar of the internet browser, input the default web address.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will find yourself on the official login page of your Netgear range extender.
- Fill in the default admin username and password when prompted.
- Click the login button.
- The BASIC Home screen will welcome you.
And you are done! In this manner, you will be able to perform Netgear extender login using the Manual method. In case you found this method a little difficult to implement, consider opting for the next one.
Netgear Extender Login Using Nighthawk App
Walkthrough the guidelines highlighted below and get to know how to perform Netgear extender login using the Nighthawk application:
- Unlock your mobile device.
- Head over to the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Search for the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Select the Nighthawk app from the list of results.
- Tap the Download button.
- Wait for some time and let the application get installed thoroughly.
Note: Do not perform any background activities on your mobile device while the Netgear Nighthawk application is getting installed.
- Fill in the default admin username and password of your Netgear extender.
- Tap the login button.
- The Netgear Genie setup wizard will appear.
With that, you will be able to log in to your Netgear wireless range extender using the Nighthawk app in a hassle-free manner. On the off chance, you get stuck with any issues during the process; follow the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
Cannot Perform Netgear Extender Login?
- Make sure that your Netgear wireless range extender is receiving a fluctuation-free power supply from its wall socket.
- The Ethernet cable connecting your extender and your home router should not be worn out or damaged from any point.
- The connection between your extender and the host router should not be loose.
- Ensure that you have typed the correct web address of your Netgear extender in the address bar of your internet browser.
- Do not type the wrong login username and password when prompted. If you are not sure about the details, refer to the user manual.
- See to it that your extender is kept away from transmitting appliances, electronic devices, metal objects, and reflexive surfaces.
With that, our guide to performing Netgear extender login using the Manual method and the Nighthawk app has come to an end here. Once you are done logging in to your Netgear wireless range extender, feel free to tweak any of its settings.